We independently test and review everything we recommend. Our reviews are completely unbiased. When you make a purchase using our links, we may earn a commission. Learn more
Related Picks: Best CBD-Infused Drinks
There’s nothing quite like sipping some tea in the morning or before bed — that is until you’ve tried CBD-infused tea. CBD tea comes in various types and forms, allowing you to get your daily dose of CBD and favorite tea all in one. But, where can you find the best CBD tea brands? Which companies offer the ones that are actually worth trying?
Below, we’ve come up with a list of the 12 best CBD teas for total comfort. Each one of these tea brands out-performed itself, providing the results, potency, and purity that we were looking for in top-quality CBD tea brands. That being said, let’s start by looking at our number one favorite, Harney and Sons.
We carefully analyzed 67 brands and tested 12 CBD tea products, ranging from $12 to $59, to find the best quality and most effective infused tea options for total relaxation. (See how we test.)
12 Best CBD Teas
Here we’ve narrowed down our top picks for the best CBD tea products on the market right now:
|Best Overall:||Harney & Sons||$12|
|Best Tasting:||The Brother’s Apothecary||$15|
|Best Water-Soluble Blend:||Buddha Teas||$19.99|
|Highest-Quality:||Good Company Tea||$20|
|Best Value:||Willie’s Remedy||$26|
|Best Loose-Leaf Tea:||CBD Living||$30|
|Most Affordable:||CBD American Shaman||$9.99|
|Best for Sleep:||Kickback||$59.99|
|Best for Stress-Relief:||Dr. Sebi’s||$34.99|
|Best Sparkling Tea:||Dram||$25|
Best Overall: Harney & Sons
The Hemp Division by Harney & Sons offers some of the best CBD tea on the market, from flavor to selection and even potency.
Available for $12 from The Hemp Division
There’s no doubt that Harney and Sons do tea well. But, boy, do they do hemp tea well, too. Their Hemp Divison of teas is an impressive one, stocked with both hot and cold teas of various types. They have sparkling and still options, and teas with bright, floral flavors and ones with bold, herbal notes. In terms of effects, Harney and Son’s teas work beautifully to provide full-body layers of relaxation, comfort, and confidence. If you want a high-quality CBD tea to sip in the morning, daytime, or evening, Harney and Sons have plenty of choices for you.
Pros & Cons
- Incredible selection of flavors and types of teas
- Hot and cold options to choose from
- Affordably priced at $12 for 200 mg CBD (8 sachets)
- Offers prominent, long-lasting effects
- Great for promoting feelings of comfort and balance
- Good for those who need a dose of chill or decompression throughout the day
- High-quality packaging
- Caffeinated and non-caffeinated options available
- Some flavors have a very strong herbal aroma
- Some teas have very low milligrams (8 mg/bag)
- Lab reports are hard to find
- Most lab reports are over a year old
- Not 100% organic
Best Tasting: The Brother’s Apothecary
The Brother’s Apothecary offers a large selection of some of the best-tasting CBD tea available.
Available for $15 from The Brother’s Apothecary
The Brother’s Apothecary is one of those brands you can always rely on for tasty, comforting tea. Their line of CBD teas is some of the best-tasting on the market, as they’re filled with bright, pungent flavors that beautifully compliment the CBD that’s inside. Great for morning, evening, or daytime, these teas are a good way for a non-tea drinker to quickly become a tea-drinker — especially once you experience the calming benefits of the CBD, too.
Pros & Cons
- Huge selection of 17 unique flavors
- Great-tasting teas with distinct flavor profiles
- Good for beginner tea-drinkers
- Helpful with anxiety; good for reducing stress
- Great for all-day consumption
- Each tea promotes different, novel effects like stimulation, relaxation, or mental clarity
- Potent effects with 60 mg CBD per tea bag
- Caffeinated and non-caffeinated options available
- Some of the more expensive CBD teas on the market, starting at $5.50 for just one tea bag (though they claim each bag brews 2-3 cups)
- Packaging could be upgraded a bit
- Inconsistent ingredient labeling
- No loose-leaf option available
Strongest Effects: Neurogan
Neurogan’s CBD tea is some of the strongest infused tea on the market today.
Available for $29.95 from Neurogan
Instead of other teas that contain 10-20 mg per drink or sachet, Neurogan packs their CBD tea bags with a hefty 45 mg CBD per serving. This is a wonderful option for those who are seeking more powerful therapeutic results from cannabidiol, as some teas may be too mellow. Neurogan’s teas are great for helping with stress, anxiety, and pain, as they provide full-body effects that can last for hours. And, for 900 milligrams total, these tea bags are incredibly affordable at just $29.95 for 20 bags.
Pros & Cons
- Produces strong effects with 45 mg of full-spectrum CBD per serving
- Great for those who have chronic conditions or a higher CBD tolerance
- One of the most affordable options at $29.95 for 900 mg CBD (20 tea bags)
- Great for reducing levels of pain and anxiety
- Promotes comfort and relaxation
- Ideal for nighttime consumption
- 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
- Plain herbal flavors; nothing special
- Sachets have no flavor information or ingredients
- Bitter aftertaste
- Only one type of tea available
- No caffeinated option, only herbal
Best Water-Soluble Blend: Buddha Teas
These water-soluble teas from Buddha Teas get to work quickly and efficiently.
Available for $19.99 from Buddha Teas
Buddha Teas makes their CBD teas using a water-soluble formula that allows the cannabinoids to better absorb into the body, creating quicker, more effective results. These teas are available in multiple different flavors depending on what you’re craving, but each one is crafted with the same high bioavailability. So, if you’re looking for tasty teas with quick relaxing effects, then Buddha Teas is the brand to go with.
Pros & Cons
- Large selection of teas to choose from
- Made with water-soluble formulas
- Good for producing quick effects, within about 15-20 minutes
- Helpful for reducing stress and boosting mood
- Selection of teas that is good for all-day consumption
- Affordably priced at $19.99 for 18 tea bags (90 mg nano-CBD)
- Organic and natural ingredients
- Certified Kosher
- Strong herbal notes
- Slight hemp aftertaste
- Slightly cheap packaging
Best Ingredients: Dosed
Dosed’s CBD teas are flavorful and beneficial, made with the best organic ingredients possible.
Inside of Dosed teas is not only a strong dose of CBD but there are various other organic ingredients that help create an all-encompassing health and wellness experience. They offer a huge selection of different teas, each one with unique ingredients like Ashwagandha Root and St. John’s Wort that help enhance the drink’s effects overall. These teas taste great, smell nice, and promote mellow results that are good for the start of the day.
Pros & Cons
- Great selection of teas of all types: Black, White, Green, Rose Herbal, and Nightly Herbal
- Uses beneficial organic ingredients for a better experience
- Great to consume during the day for better focus
- Good for reducing anxiety and stress
- High-quality, informative packaging and branding
- Mellow effects with only 10 mg of broad-spectrum CBD per bag
- Expensive at $20 for 100 mg CBD
- Not good for bedtime or sleep support
- Not good for pain relief
Highest-Quality: Good Company Tea
Good Company Tea packages their tea well, uses great ingredients, and includes high-quality hemp extract in their luxurious tea.
Available for $20 from Good Company Tea
Good Company Tea is a tea brand you turn to when you’re looking to feel more high-end. These teas come in stylish, minimalistic packaging that will have all your guests asking what you’re sipping on. These teas contain 15 mg of CBD per sachet, making them great for those who want a mild dose of cannabidiol in the morning or daytime.
Pros & Cons
- Beautiful, minimalistic packaging
- High-quality ingredients
- Provides mild CBD effects that are great for experienced consumers
- Helpful with mental clarity and focus
- Great for daytime consumption
- Good coffee alternative
- Packaging may be too minimalistic for some consumers
- Slightly pricey
- Only 15 mg CBD per sachet
- No customer reviews on their website
Best Value: Willie’s Remedy
Willie’s Remedy CBD teas are high-quality and well-priced, making them the best-valued CBD teas on this list.
Available for $26 from Willie’s Remedy
With Willie’s Remedy, there’s no sacrificing quality for the price. These CBD teas are both high-end and extremely affordable, allowing you to experience the beauty of CBD teas without clearing your bank account. You can even try a few different flavors to see which ones float your boat, and they’ll still be more affordable than your typical CBD drinks. They even give you the option to save 10% by subscribing to their products, helping you get these CBD teas for an even lower price. These are great options for beginners to the world of CBD or even as gifts for the hemp-lover in your life.
Pros & Cons
- Nice selection of loose-leaf teas in various flavors
- High-quality packaging and labeling
- Affordable price of $17 – $26 for a 16-count tin
- Morning, daytime, and nighttime blends are available
- Great for promoting subtle relaxation and feelings of mental clarity
- Calming and comforting effects
- Only loose-leaf tea options
- Flavors are a bit strong and bold
- CBD effects are quite mellow; best for those with low tolerances
Best Loose-Leaf Tea: CBD Living
CBD Living offers a high-quality selection of tasty, potent loose-leaf tea.
Available for $30 from CBD Living
If you’re a fan of loose-leaf tea, CBDLiving is here to provide it. This brand offers CBD-infused loose-leaf tea in three different flavors: Elderberry Lemon, Chai Turmeric, and Mango Herbal. Each one of these teas has bright, distinct flavor profiles that are enjoyable and aromatic. Each serving has about 12.5 mg of CBD, but you can easily manipulate that to have stronger, more concentrated servings if you so choose. This is a great option for those who are still trying to determine their ideal dose of CBD.
Pros & Cons
- Tasty loose-leaf tea with distinct flavors
- Potent servings that you can easily adjust on your own
- Offers bright, aromatic scents that are calming
- Good, quality packaging with detailed information
- Ideal for promoting feelings of relaxation and internal balance
- Enhanced bioavailability for quicker, more potent results
- Only loose-leaf tea options
- Only two options currently in stock
- Not good for sleep; slightly stimulating
- Produces a slight hemp aftertaste
- Lacks transparency; company hides negative customer reviews
Most Affordable: CBD American Shaman
Looking for the most affordable CBD tea on the market? CBD American Shaman has your back.
Available for $9.99 from CBD American Shaman
CBD American Shaman is well-known for their low prices and quality products, and their CBD teas are no exception. You can buy a four-pack of their CBD sparkling teas for just $9.99, which is practically unheard of in this industry. And, even better, these teas actually taste great. They have very mild effects which are best for beginners, but they promote bright, flavorful notes that are great to sip on all day long — especially for just $2.50 a can.
Pros & Cons
- Affordably priced at $9.99 for 4 CBD tea drinks ($2.50/ea)
- Tasty, unique flavors that are fun to sip on
- Great for beginners
- Promotes calming effects that are good for during the day
- Different flavor options to choose from
- Cheap packaging
- Mellow effects; not strong enough for most consumers
- Small product selection
- No loose-leaf option, only sparkling tea
Best for Sleep: Kickback
Kickback’s CBD tea offers the perfect formula for some nighttime relaxation.
Available for $59.99 from Kickback
Kickback has a large selection of CBD drinks to choose from, including two CBD loose-leaf teas. Both of these CBD teas are great as sleep support, helping you feel more relaxed, less stressed, and more comfortable at the end of the night. These teas are great to sip on about 30 minutes to an hour before you’re planning on heading to bed. I enjoyed a cup of the Night Night Berry and about 40 minutes later I noticed my mind was quiet and my muscles were a bit heavier. Night, night!
Pros & Cons
- Great for sleep and promoting relaxation
- Two tasty, potent sleep blends: Night Night Berry and Peachy Dreams
- Made with nano-CBD for stronger, quicker results
- Helps to fall asleep and stay asleep
- Teas have bright, distinct flavors that are easily enjoyable
- Good, informative packaging
- Cannot purchase less than a 3-pack
- Only sleep blends are available
- Not good for daytime consumption
Best for Stress-Relief: Dr. Sebi’s Cell Food
If you want a cup of tea to help reduce those stress levels, Dr. Sebi’s got the blend for you.
Available for $34.99 from Dr. Sebi’s
Dr. Sebi’s full-spectrum hemp and chamomile tea is incredibly calming, making it a great option for those high-stress days when you just need a break. This tea has soothing flavors that are good for warming the body and helping you feel more internally balanced. The stress relief that comes from this tea is good for those who are constantly on the alert and would like to start the day with a calmer mind and body. It’s also great for the nighttime when you just need to decompress.
Pros & Cons
- Great for reducing stress levels
- Produces calming, soothing results
- Nice chamomile flavor
- Full-spectrum blend for better results
- Good for morning and nighttime consumption
- Only one flavor
- Slightly strong hemp notes
- Not the best-tasting tea
- Strong earthy aftertaste
Best Sparkling Water With Tea: Dram
Looking for some sparkling tea to enjoy? Dram has the best options for you.
It’s true that Dram crafts hemp-infused sparkling waters, and not teas. However, they offer one of their sparkling waters with cardamom and black tea infusions, and this is one of the best sparkling water/teas on the market today. The flavors of the black tea and cardamom are clear and pungent, but in the best way possible. You also get subtle hints of black pepper that adds a fun kick to your beverage experience. Not to mention that these sparkling waters are fantastic for providing a dose of full-body relaxation at any time of day.
Pros & Cons
- Bright, unique, and refreshing flavors
- Delicious and easy to sip on
- Very affordable at $25 for a 12-pack
- Good Food awards winner of 2022
- Lightly energizing
- Sugar and calorie-free
- Not actual tea — sparkling water
- This is the only tea option from Dram
- May not be caffeinated enough for some consumers
- COAs are very hard to find
How We Tested the Best CBD Teas
Curious about how we came up with this list of the best CBD tea? We would be too! It wasn’t an easy or quick process, but we thought we’d give you some quick insight into how the decision was made.
After taking a look at the most popular CBD tea brands on the market, we came up with a list of criteria that we felt a good brand should uphold. Then, by giving each section a score of 1-10, we were able to see which brands performed the best and which ones fell flat. We only stuck with the brands that scored at least a 7.5 or higher, and that’s how we came up with the 12 brands that we have on the list. From there, we looked at each brand’s strengths and decided what was best to showcase in their subcategory.
To be totally transparent, here are the criteria we used to analyze these brands and their CBD teas:
- Flavor: How tasty were these CBD teas? Did they offer flavors that were appealing and easy to consume? Or, were they a bit of a chore to actually get through? Would you mind drinking these every day?
- Effects: How potent were these CBD tea’s effects? Were they noticeable or more subtle? Would they provide relief for those with chronic conditions or only beginners? Were the effects long-lasting and beneficial?
- Ingredients: Were the tea’s ingredients organic? Did the ingredients enhance the experience? Was the brand clear about the other ingredients?
- Price: Is the tea worth the price? Would you willingly spend your money on it? Did it seem fairly priced, expensive, or too cheap?
- Quality: Do these brands offer links to their COAs to prove quality? Are the COAs full-panel tests? What kind of impurities do they test for?
You can learn more about our product testing methodology here.
Guide to Buying the Best CBD Teas
Before we let you go, we want to answer a few of your most frequently asked questions regarding CBD tea.
What Is CBD Tea?
CBD tea is just as it sounds: it is tea that has been infused with CBD extract. These teas can be made with full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, or CBD isolate extracts depending on the preference of the manufacturer.
RELATED: What Are the Benefits of CBD Tea?
You can find CBD tea in various forms, too! CBD brands make loose-leaf tea, tea bags, sparkling tea, and more, all infused with cannabidiol extract.
What’s the Difference Between CBD Tea and Hemp Tea?
There isn’t a huge difference between the two, however, CBD tea is made with CBD extract, while hemp tea is made with hemp extract. Hemp extract (aka Cannabis sativa seed oil) will have varying amounts of CBD, but also other cannabinoids and components of the hemp plant. CBD extract will have high amounts of CBD and potentially other minor cannabinoids. In general, though, both promote similar effects, but some people find that CBD extract is significantly more potent than hemp extract.
What Are the Benefits of CBD Tea?
The benefits of CBD tea are going to depend on the person. However, most people find that CBD tea is great for promoting relaxation and reducing overall stress or anxiety levels. Others may find that CBD is good for helping with mental clarity and may even help reduce pain.
RELATED: What Are the Benefits of CBD Oil?
How Long Does CBD Tea Take to Work?
How long a CBD tea beverage takes to work will depend on the consumer as well as the product itself. Typically, you can expect the effects of a CBD tea to kick in about 30 minutes to an hour after consumption. However, if you drank a water-soluble CBD tea, this will have much quicker effects, and you may experience results in more like 15-30 minutes.
How to Make CBD Tea?
The easiest way to make your own CBD tea is to brew your favorite tea and then add a few drops of CBD oil to it. The oil will go nicely within your tea, especially if it’s an herbal blend, and you likely won’t even notice the hemp taste.
However, you may see your oil separate from your tea; this is totally normal. That is why some brands go to extra lengths to create water-soluble formulas. These formulas break down within water, allowing the cannabinoids to absorb better and create more concentrated, rapid effects in the body. If you have water-soluble tinctures, this would create the best effects within your CBD tea.
Can You Put CBD Tincture in Tea?
Yes, you can put a CBD tincture in your tea! You can add practically any type of CBD tincture to your tea, but the best one will be a water-soluble tincture, as it will better break down in the tea and create ideal effects. But, if you have a fat-soluble tincture, this is perfectly fine as well!
What Are the Best CBD Teas without THC?
Most of the teas on this list come without THC, but our favorite has to be Harney and Sons. When looking for CBD teas without THC, check out the broad-spectrum or CBD isolate options on our list for the best results. These would be from Harney and Sons, CBD Living, Dosed, the Brother’s Apothecary, Willie’s Remedy, and more. (Hint: if your tea says “full-spectrum,” that means there is 0.3% THC in there. Look for broad-spectrum or CBD isolate instead.)
Where Can You Buy CBD Tea?
You can buy CBD tea online from any of the brands we’ve listed above and more. Thanks to the 2018 Farm Bill, hemp-derived products like CBD tea are federally legal, allowing you to place an online order and have your CBD tea shipped right to your door. You can also find CBD tea products in local CBD stores and natural health food stores.
Whether you’re a regular tea drinker or you’re trying to become one, having CBD teas is a great way to give your mind and body an extra boost every day. These infused teas are uniquely beneficial in so many ways, but you won’t know exactly how much they will help you until you try some of them for yourself. Luckily, there’s something for absolutely everyone on this list, regardless of if you’re looking for a sweet tea, an herbal tea, a sparkling tea, or a hot tea. Here at CBD Oracle, we simply want to help you find whatever works best for your health and wellness.
Enhance your morning, day, or night with a cup of one of these high-quality CBD teas that we’ve listed above, and see what it can do for you throughout the day. You never know what kind of relaxation and support these organic drinks can bring, especially from top brands like these.