We independently test and review everything we recommend. Our reviews are completely unbiased. When you make a purchase using our links, we may earn a commission. Learn more
Nowadays, CBD is more than just oils and topicals. You can find CBD infused into practically anything, as it helps enhance the experience and bring benefits to your body in whole new ways. If you’ve been shopping for CBD products lately, you may have come across CBD honey or CBD honey sticks and wondered, “What is that? Do those products really work?” When you buy them from the right brands, these CBD honey products are some of the best ways to enhance your beverage.
Below, we’ve compiled a list of the top six CBD honey brands to buy on the market today. From jars of honey to uniquely flavored honey sticks, there’s something for every honey-lover below.
6 Best CBD Honey Brands
Here are our picks for the best CBD-infused honey products on the market right now.
Best Overall: Potli
Potli offers the highest-quality CBD-infused honey on the market.
If there’s one brand that knows how to do CBD honey properly, it is Potli. Potli has been focusing on crafting top-shelf CBD honey for years, and they’ve continued to expand their inventory the longer they’ve perfected their products. Today, you can find CBD honey products with different blends for different purposes, as well as in various strengths depending on your tolerance.
While Potli’s honeys are definitely pricier than your typical honey, the long-lasting, full-bodied calming and supportive effects that these infused honeys bring makes the price more than worth it. If you want the best CBD honey possible, head to Potli.
Pros & Cons
- Great selection of unique honey blends
- Different potency options depending on your tolerance
- Nighttime and morning blends available
- Comes in beautiful high-quality packaging that’s clear and detailed
- Emerald Cup winners
- Not full-panel COAs
- COAs are hard to find
- No honey stick options
Best Selection: The Brothers Apothecary
If you want some unique CBD honey options, The Brothers Apothecary has you covered.
Available for $20 from The Brothers Apothecary
The Brothers Apothecary has one of the biggest, most diverse selections of CBD honeys in the industry. From Orange Ginger to Aji Limo Chili and even Hibiscus Gojiberry, there’s a CBD honey for every taste bud. The Brother’s Apothecary CBD honeys are surprisingly affordable, and you can buy them in various sizes. With 500 mg of CBD in each batch (or less if you choose so), these honeys produce clear, strong flavors that are great for reducing anxiety and pain primarily.
Pros & Cons
- Super unique selection of flavors
- Affordable options
- Various strength options depending on tolerance
- Produces clear effects
- Great for reducing pain and lowering anxiety levels
- Uses biodegradable or recyclable packaging
- COAs not full-panel
- Don’t have COAs for all honeys
- Some honeys have a strong hemp flavor
- Smaller size packaging is a bit low quality
Best Bulk Options: Colorado Hemp Honey
Whether you want several ounces of honey, 10 honey sticks, or 100 honey sticks, Colorado Hemp Honey has your back.
Available for $27.99 from Colorado Hemp Honey
Colorado Hemp Honey is a great place to go when you want to stock up on some CBD-infused honey. This brand offers great bulk options if you don’t want to keep buying your CBD honey week after week. Their honey options are affordable, too, and only get more affordable the more you buy. Colorado Hemp Honey also offers a large selection of different types of honeys depending on what your body needs.
Pros & Cons
- Large selection of honey options
- Made with Colorado-grown full-spectrum hemp
- Great bulk selections
- Good for digestion and promoting calmness
- Comes in unique flavors
- Both raw honey and honey stick options available
- Certified Glyphosate Residue Free
- Safety lab reports only available for the hemp extract, not the finished product (view COAs)
- Some lab reports are outdated (2019-21)
- Honey sometimes comes damaged in the mail
- Slightly confusing website
Strongest Effects: Horn Creek Hemp
If you want to feel relaxed, composed, and pain-free, then Horn Creek Hemp’s honey sticks are the way to go.
Available for $25 from Horn Creek Hemp
Even though Horn Creek Hemp only uses 10 mg of full-spectrum CBD in each stick, these honeys are quite potent and produce strong, distinct effects. After I added my honey stick to my coffee, I noticed waves of relaxation that helped prevent the typical jitteriness that coffee tends to bring. My morning went by and I didn’t have any usual pains, nor did I feel super stressed. Instead, my mind was clear, I could focus, and I just felt better.
Pros & Cons
- Noticeable relaxing and comforting results
- Very affordable
- You can buy one stick for just $1.50 to see if you like them
- Contains Pacific Northwest wildflower honey
- No additives, fillers, or artificial flavors/colors
- Just one honey stick option
- No regular infused honey
- Website says they use full-spectrum CBD, but their COAs say THC-free
Fastest Results: Vermont Pure CBD
If you’re ready for quick, potent results, head to Vermont Pure CBD to try out their full-spectrum-infused CBD honey.
Available for $25 from Vermont Pure CBD
Vermont Pure CBD uses a few drops of MCT oil in their honey in order to promote better bioavailability and quicker absorption — and it sure works. This CBD honey is very fast-acting, creating results in just a few minutes after consumption. Vermont Pure CBD doesn’t use any residual solvents, either, so you know you can consume with total trust. I was super happy when I noticed that my pain levels were lower, and the honey seemed to make me feel calmer pretty much all day long. If you want fast, potent results from your honey, Vermont Pure CBD’s bioavailability is hard to beat.
Pros & Cons
- Fast-acting with high bioavailability
- Made with raw, unprocessed honey from their local Vermont farm
- High-potency: 250 and 500 mg option
- Packaging includes all necessary information
- Promotes strong feelings of relaxation
- Not many customer reviews
- Not super appealing packaging
- Could be a bit sweeter; very earthy
- No full-panel COAs
Best for Relaxation: CBD American Shaman
Get ready to sit back and relax with some of American Shaman’s THC honey.
Available for $23.99 from CBD American Shaman
Available in both regular honey and honey stick form, American Shaman’s THC (not CBD) infused honey is incredibly effective at promoting relaxation and comfort. These honeys don’t taste like hemp at all, and they get to work quickly, too. I noticed that after about 20 minutes, my body started to decompress and I was able to better focus on my tasks at hand. While I wish they had more options to choose from, this honey is affordable, potent, and offers great-tasting natural flavors that any honey lover will enjoy.
Pros & Cons
- Great for promoting relaxation and stress-relief
- Affordable honey options
- Effects kick in quickly
- No THC-free option
- No honey jar option available, only honey sticks
- Low-quality packaging
- Very few customer reviews
- Limited ingredient information
- COAs are not full-panel
How We Tested the CBD Honey Products
In order for us to discover the top six best CBD honey products on the market, our team curated a detailed list of criteria that we felt a high-quality CBD honey brand should follow. We judged each brand and rated them on a scale of 1-10 in each category, and then took the average of their scores. If a brand didn’t score at least a 7.5, then they weren’t included in our list. From there, we analyzed each of the top six brands individually to see what their strengths and weaknesses were.
In case you’re curious, here are the criteria that we used in order to come up with our list of the best CBD honey products:
- Ingredients: What does the brand use in their honey? Are their ingredients natural and organic? Or, do they use artificial flavors and colors?
- Flavor: Is the honey enjoyable to consume? Does it taste like honey, or does it have strong hemp flavors? Do you like adding it to drinks?
- Potency: Does the hemp honey actually work? Are the effects strong? Or, are they milder? Are the effects distinct? How long did they take to kick in, and how long did they last?
- Value: Is the honey worth the price? Evaluate the price and quantity. Should it be cheaper or maybe even more expensive? Is it a good deal overall?
- Quality: Does the honey come from quality, reputable brands and farms? Does the brand offer COAs? Are the COAs full-panel?
Learn more about how we test and review products.
Guide to Buying CBD Honey
Before we let you go, it’s important that we answer some of your most frequently asked questions about CBD-infused honey products.
What Is CBD Honey?
CBD honey is quite literally honey infused with CBD extract. This can be full-spectrum, broad-spectrum or even CBD isolate extract depending on the brand itself. You can add this honey to your drinks or even just enjoy a spoonful when you need it.
What Are the Benefits of CBD Honey?
The benefits of CBD honey will vary from person to person. However, many people find that CBD honey is great for lowering anxiety and stress levels, as well as helping with pain and discomfort. Having some CBD honey with your morning coffee may be able to help with motivation and having a clear mind, too.
CBD Honey Dosage: How Much Should You Take?
Many consumers find that about 10 mg of CBD honey is a great, gentle dosage for full-body effects. However, if you have a higher tolerance to CBD or maybe have more chronic conditions, we would suggest doubling that and having about 20 mg of CBD in your honey. You can always adjust your doses as you see fit, just do so in low increments and make sure to take your time in between increasing doses to give your body a chance to react properly.
Does CBD Honey Get You High?
No, CBD honey does not get you high. CBD doesn’t have the same psychoactive properties as THC, so it doesn’t create those stoned feelings. Instead, it’s best for therapeutic, supportive results. If you do want to get high from your honey, you can try THC honey, instead.
How to Make CBD Honey
If you don’t have CBD honey on hand, you can always make your own. However, you will need your favorite honey as well as a good CBD oil. To make your own infused honey, you will simply take your CBD oil and mix it with the honey until it is well-blended. You may find that the oil doesn’t blend too nicely with your honey, and that’s normal: that’s simply because of the compositional differences.
After you’ve mixed the CBD into your honey, you’re ready to enjoy! It really is that easy.
The Best CBD Honey for Sweeter Sips
While hot tea or coffee is always a comforting reward in the morning, there’s nothing better than adding a spoonful of CBD honey. CBD honey is a great way to both sweeten your sips and leave you feeling better after a cup than before you started.
Don’t waste your time with brands that don’t offer the best CBD-infused honey! Instead, stick to one of the top six brands on this list and indulge in a CBD honey that you can trust.