Rating | Technical details | Overview | Features | Comparison | Quick tips | How to clean | Is it worth it?
Since 2013, there is no doubt that the Mini Beaker along with the other silicone-made smoking products created by Eyce have been built with durability and ingenuity. This compact-sized water pipe is the perfect adventure buddy and is thoughtfully designed using a platinum cured silicone material, making it virtually break-resistant.
Considering its small stature of only seven inches, it’s equipped with many bells and whistles including a stainless steel poker, large hidden stash container, ice catcher, and a large 14mm borosilicate glass bowl. You also have the choice to pick from five other bold and fun color schemes to match your style.
The Eyce Mini Beaker bong is a futuristic, graduated version of the standard glass bong that you’re used to hitting – both aesthetically and functionally. For all of the features you receive purchasing this water pipe along with its long lasting durable silicone material, the price point of only $40 is alone worth the buy! And if that doesn’t satisfy you enough, Eyce offers a lifetime warranty on all products in their Eyce Silicone Collection.
Promo: Get 20% off when you buy at Vapor.com with code “ORACLE20”
|Build Material:||Platinum Cured Silicone, Borosilicate Glass|
|Dimensions:||3″ x 3″ x 7.25″|
|Similar Products:||LIT Silicone 7.5” Beaker, PieceMaker “KaliGO”|
Eyce Mini Beaker Review
Bring the Eyce Mini Beaker on fun adventures and never worry about breaking your bong again.
- Platinum Cured Silicone Body
- Platinum Cured Percolated Downstem
- 14mm Borosilicate Glass Bowl – $9.99
- Stainless Steel Poker – $7.49
- Large Hidden Container
Eyce Mini Beaker Features
1. An easily accessible stainless steel poker to help you with your session
The Eyce Mini Beaker features a two-inch-long stainless steel poker tool that easily pops in and out on the side of the beaker base. You have the ability to use one end which is flat, to pack the herb in your bowl further down before or after your hit. Then there’s the other end which has a sharp point, allowing you to stir the bowl and prevent any clogging and resin build up at the bottom. A super convenient tool for those who use their beaker frequently!
2. A large hidden storage container underneath to stash your herb and take it on the go
This feature on the Eyce Mini Beaker is unique, discrete, and super convenient. When you look underneath, there’s a silicone disk nudged into the base of the beaker where you simply pop it out. Here you can stash your herb or any other small particular items you may want close by (filters, papers, etc.). It’s about half an inch deep and about two inches in diameter, making it an ample storage space for a couple of nugs or an even greater amount of ground-up cannabis flower.
The hidden container is great for those who are on the go and are looking to travel minimally with their piece. It might not be so great for those who like larger sized beakers though, as this eliminates the space for the water that sits in the reservoir above, resulting in a smaller amount of water used to percolate your hit.
3. Keep your bong tokes chilled and embrace smooth hits with the famous ice catcher technology
We all know how bong rips can wreak havoc on the throat and cause those classic yet severe cough attacks that hurt the lungs. But you can eliminate that problem altogether by using the ice catch feature, which is built-in throughout the entire neck of the bong. There are about five ridges that protrude along the inside of the neck and meet up to a small hole or “pinched” gap at the bottom where the beaker base begins and meets the downstem.
All you have to do is throw a few small ice cubes in there and begin your session. When you light the bowl, the smoke coming upwards will be filtered through the ice. This allows the hit to feel ‘cooled off’, making it feel much smoother.
This feature is great for all users, but might be more beneficial for those who have higher respiratory sensitivities. Another thing to note is that the ice catcher is very narrow, so you won’t be able to fit regular sized ice cubes in it. Unless you’re able to make gumball-sized cubes, you should consider crushing some cubes up before throwing them in.
4. A large and deeply constructed bowl for maximum sized tokes
The Eyce Mini Beaker does not play around when it comes to its overly large sized bowl. Made with high quality and durable borosilicate glass, this bowl is great for all types of users – but especially those who love big bong rips. It’s not very wide per se, but is very deep, making it a more protective ground for material to stay in securely without flying out.
However, there is one downfall that lies beneath this glass slide. It shouldn’t really be labeled as a “slide” because it fits so snug inside of the silicone downstem and doesn’t pull out smoothly. This poses a challenge to take the bowl out or “clear it” when you’re ready to take the hit. So be prepared to wiggle and pull it out with a bit of force.
How Does the Eyce Mini Beaker Compare
|Eyce Mini Beaker||LIT||Kali Go|
|Features||BPA Free Medical Grade and Platinum Cured Silicone Body, Stainless Steel Poker, Hidden Stash Container||BPA Free Food Grade Silicone||Kontour-Fit Mouthpiece, Protective Bowl Cap, Hex-Tek Technology Downstem|
|Body Material||BPA Free, Medical Grade Platinum Cured Silicone||BPA Free Food Grade Silicone||BPA Free Food Grade Silicone|
|Bowl Material||Borosilicate Glass||Borosilicate Glass||Stainless Steel Mesh|
|Downstem Material||BPA Free, Medical Grade Platinum Cured Silicone||Borosilicate Glass||BPA Free Food Grade Silicone|
Eyce Mini Beaker vs. PieceMaker “Kali Go”
When it comes to durability and construction, both the Eyce Mini Beaker and PieceMaker’s “Kali Go” share similarities in that the body and downstem are both made with silicone. However, Eyce takes it one step further and uses medical grade, BPA free, and platinum cured silicone. They both share the same beaker bottom shape, but differ in that the Eyce Mini Beaker’s bowl is made from strong borosilicate glass while the Kali Go bowl is made with a stainless steel mesh.
The two water pipes are neck and neck in the pricing department, where the Kali Go is a few dollars more than the Mini Beaker coming in at $42 vs. $39.99 respectively.
While the Mini Beaker’s main features are a stainless steel poker and a hidden stash container, the Kali Go presents a patented “Kontour-Fit” mouthpiece that apparently generates smoother hits. It also has “Hex Tex” engineering built into the downstem, creating more bubbles in the water and aeration while taking a hit.
Lastly, it features a tethered safety “Kap” that pops on top of the bowl so you can keep your herb contained while on the move. So depending on what type of stoner you are and what features catch your attention more, these two water pipes are both very comparable!
Eyce Mini Beaker vs. LIT Silicone Beaker
Compared to the Eyce Mini Beaker, the Beaker Tube by LIT Silicone is very basic in terms of its functionality and features. The Beaker Tube is just a hair bigger than its counterpart standing at 7.5 inches tall, and costs about ten dollars less, running at $30.
Both are constructed with silicone, however LIT Silicone uses a BPA free food grade material while Eyce is also BPA free, but is platinum cured medical grade. Both water pipes have a high end borosilicate glass bowl, however there’s the only difference that LIT Silicone has a glass downstem, while the Eyce Mini Beaker’s downstem is made with silicone.
There aren’t really any main features for the LIT Silicone bong other than it’s silicone made. Whereas for an extra ten dollars more at $39.99, the Eyce Mini Beaker gives you a poker tool and a hidden stash container.
Eyce Mini Beaker Product Guide and Tips
- Ice Catcher: The Eyce Mini Beaker ice catcher is very narrow and won’t fit regular sized ice cubes. A quick trick would be to crush some ice into smaller pieces, or use an ice tray that makes gumball sized pieces.
- Poker: It takes a little bit of practice to finesse the poker back into its spot. A suggestion would be to put the flat end in first, and then slightly bend the shaft back where it meets the top of the beaker base. Once you push the poker in its place, bend the shaft back to normal and it will naturally lock in – safe and sound!
- Bowl: The glass slide fits super snug into the downstem, so users might face difficulties pulling it out while clearing their hit. To create a more seamless session, hold the bottom of the bowl firmly and wiggle it while pulling upwards.
- Not See-Through: Keep in mind that this water pipe is made with silicone material and is visually opaque, so you won’t be able to see through the chamber or the beaker base. Because of this, it will be impossible to see how milky or heavy the hit you’re taking is. So If you’re a beginner, pack a smaller bowl or light only a little bit of material at a time.
How to use the Eyce Mini Beaker
For a visual tutorial on how to use the Eyce Mini Beaker, view the “How-To Video Tutorial” here.
Using the Eyce Mini Beaker is fairly straightforward. Here are a few easy steps to help you set up your session:
- First, add a little bit of water through the mouthpiece at the top.
- Next, drop a few ice cubes into the ice catcher through the mouthpiece at the top.
- Depending on your tolerance, take some ground up herb and fill the glass bowl to your liking.
- Press your lips against the mouthpiece.
- Take a lighter and light the bowl. While doing this, take a steady inhalation while letting the chamber fill up with smoke.
- When you’re ready, pull the glass slide out of the silicone downstem and inhale the built up smoke in the chamber.
- Once you are finished with your session, take the poker tool out from the side and clean out any remaining ash from your bowl into the trash.
- Repeat steps 3-8 as necessary
How do you clean the Eyce Mini Beaker?
To clean the Eyce Mini Beaker or any other silicone accessory, you can purchase a 1-pack ($9.99) or 12-pack bottles ($74.99) of the Eyce Silicone Cleaner.
Their proprietary formula is plant-based, non toxic, and alcohol free, which makes it safe to use and won’t harm or cause any damage on the silicone compared to other harsher accessory cleaners on the market. It’s also worth mentioning that their cleaner has no dyes, added fragrances or hormones in it. The silicone cleaner not only works on silicone but on other materials such as glass, stone, metal, tile, and ceramic.
To clean the Eyce Mini Beaker, follow the instructions below:
- Empty the water out from the beaker.
- Remove the silicone downstem and separate it from the glass bowl.
- Put the downstem and glass bowl into a medium size bowl. Fill the bowl up with Eyce Silicone Cleaner until they are both fully submerged. Let it sit for five minutes.
- Next, pour more of the cleaner (5+ tablespoons) into the Mini Beaker. Let it sit for five minutes.
- Take a toothbrush and scrub off any debris on the inside of the chamber and downstem chamber, along with the glass bowl and downstem.
- (Optional) For easier access to the inside of the beaker, turn it upside down and remove the large hidden container/disk on the bottom. From here you will push out the reservoir chamber disk on the bottom. Just be careful not to make a mess. Scrub more with the toothbrush as needed.
- Rinse all parts with warm water.
- Dry with a towel.
- Assemble and put all the parts back together.
You may also like: How to properly clean a silicone bong
Is the Eyce Mini Beaker Worth it?
Let’s face it – we all know how heartbreaking it is when you accidentally drop or knock over your bong. So If you want a water pipe that is durable and break-resistant, then the Eyce Mini Beaker is strongly recommended and totally worth it. And considering how annoying and tedious bong cleaning can be, Eyce makes it simple for users to access and clean its inside by removing the water reservoir disk at the bottom.
And also a big shout out to the outdoor and travel enthusiasts – it’s totally worth it if you bring your smoke sessions with you on adventures. All of Eyce’s silicone products are platinum cured, which makes them stain and water resistant. So don’t be afraid of a little rain or getting it dirty! Because of its compact stature and portability, the Mini Beaker will be riding in my backpack and coming on more adventures with me in the future.
You really can’t go wrong with a low cost of only $40, considering there are bongs out there on the market that cost upward of $300. This water pipe definitely gets the job done.