With the holiday season quickly approaching and the new year right in your grasp, it’s time to start getting prepared for some deliciously special recipes. This year, though, we’re adding something extra to your holiday meals: CBD.
CBD edibles are one of the most popular products on the market right now. Whether you’re not a fan of the taste of cannabis or you just enjoy munching on an infused snack, we’re helping you find the best CBD edible recipes out there. During this holiday season, we all deserve an extra boost of support, so why not get that through your food?
CBD-Infused Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies
This holiday-inspired baked treat comes from Sweet Simple Vegan. Here’s what you’ll need.
Servings: 12 Cookies
Cook Time: 17 minutes
- 1 flax egg (or regular egg, if you’re not vegan)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup of CBD-infused coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. peanut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp. Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 1 cup finely diced red apple (¼-inch cubes)
- To make, start by mixing your egg with maple syrup, CBD coconut oil, peanut butter, and vanilla extract.
- Once smooth, add in your oats flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well until all ingredients are combined. Finally, evenly fold in the diced apple cubes so they’re distributed nicely.
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Now, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and grab a tablespoon-sized scooper. Mold cookie dough into about 12 rounded scoops onto the pan and flatten only slightly.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, and then cool for 10. Now, all you need is a cold glass of coconut milk and you’re all set for the holidays!
Pesto Pasta With Chicken and CBD
Perfect for holiday dinner (or just any time of the year), this pesto pasta chicken and CBD recipe comes from health and wellness specialist Lynell Ross.
Servings: 4 Plates
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp. pine nuts
- 2 cups of fresh basil
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp. full-spectrum CBD oil
- ½ cup parmesan
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lb. chicken breast
- 2 diced fresh tomatoes
- 6 oz. penne pasta
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- Start by combining all pesto ingredients into a blender: this will be the garlic, pine nuts, basil, olive oil, CBD oil, parmesan, and some salt and pepper. Blend until the mixture is the texture you want, and place in a bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Now, bring a large pot of water to a boil and add your penne.
- As this is cooking, cube your chicken breast.
- Add your olive oil to a saucepan and heat up; once heated, add your chicken and saute. Sprinkle in your salt and pepper and red pepper flakes as the chicken is cooking.
- Once the pasta is done, drain it and add it to the saucepan with your chicken.
- Then, toss in the pesto, diced tomatoes, and fresh parsley.
- Top it off with parmesan, a squirt of lemon, and a bit of salt, and you’re ready to enjoy this mouth-watering CBD-infused Italian dinner.
CBD Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
Who doesn’t love a good helping of parmesan mashed potatoes? Well, here’s a deliciously comforting recipe for some CBD-infused parmesan mashed potatoes, right from Royal CBD themselves.
Servings: 4 Plates
Cook Time: 5 min
- 8 cups pre-made mashed potatoes of your choice
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. salt and pepper (each)
- CBD isolate powder or extract
- To craft these special potatoes, start by combining the mashed potatoes with butter, whipping cream, parmesan, CBD isolate, and salt and pepper.
- Whip all of these ingredients carefully until pureed nicely.
- Once this is done, transfer your new potato puree into a casserole dish, medium-sized, that’s been coated with non-stick spray.
- Top your potatoes off with as much parmesan as you want and then bake it in the oven at 400 degrees until slightly baked on top.
- Let it cool, and serve as the most beneficial side dish you’ve ever tried.
CBD-Infused Chocolate Caramel Brownies
To end your holiday meals right, Allison Garriga of CBD Kratom suggests crafting her favorite CBD-infused chocolate caramel brownies. Here’s how.
Servings: 20 Brownies
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 box of Betty Crocker Milk Chocolate Brownie Mix
- ¼ cup milk
- ⅓ stick of butter
- 2 eggs
- 6 CBD-infused caramels (Garriga suggests beeZbeeCBD)
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray or lightly grease an 8×8 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. After you’ve done this, combine your mix, oil, and eggs into a bowl and stir until blended.
- Then, add in the brownie mix and stir again. Once combined well, cut your CBD caramels into small strips.
- From here, you want to spread only half of your brownie mix into the pan.
- Take your CBD caramels and place them directly on top of your brownie batter, making sure to evenly distribute.
- Now, pour the remaining brownie batter directly over top.
- Bake these caramel and CBD-infused brownies for 40 to 45 minutes, careful not to overbake. Allow your brownies to cool and then let the CBD caramels work their magic as you enjoy this decadent holiday recipe.
Cooking With Cannabinoids
Though it might seem intimidating at first, cooking with cannabinoids like CBD is one of the easiest things to do in the kitchen. As something that pairs so easily with foods of various flavors and backgrounds, adding CBD into your meals this holiday season may be the best gift you can give yourself.
You can swap out a CBD tincture (for one that also includes THC) like a cannabis oil in these recipes, in case you want the benefits with the psychoactivity (a high). We recommend a tincture of 250mg for beginners, 750mg for intermediates, and 1000-1500mg for experienced users.
You may also like: The easiest way to make weed butter